Monday, December 17, 2012

Run Buddy!

This weekend I did my first run with someone else (besides pushing a stroller or at a race). I met my run buddy on the Princess Half page and she lives right down the street from me. We met up Saturday morning and knocked out 8 miles in the 18° weather! It was really nice having someone to chat with to make the miles fly by. Here's our run details, we stuck to a nice 12min/mile pace which is perfect for me! I am so impressed with how far I've come since August. I never thought I would be able to, or even want to run 8 miles!



Below is the workout I did today, just a variation on last week's. It went fast, but my legs were still a bit sore from Saturday's run.
 


And of course, I can't finish a post without a picture of my wonderful cheerleader hamming it up for the camera! She had a wonderful weekend hanging around the house. She finally realized there are other rooms in our house so we are spending a lot of time following her around! I made her some Roasted Pear & Banana Puree last Friday and she's been enjoying it along with yogurt and avocado. M is really into using the spoon herself so normally I just put a bit on the spoon and all hell breaks loose. Food everywhere.. cheeks, ears, hair, on me. Oh well, at least she figured out that she likes food. And to be fair, she does get quite a bit in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment