Monday, December 3, 2012

Yankee Swap

This past weekend was our annual Yankee Swap get together with our friends in VT. It was mostly booze filled, but there were some awesome other gifts I kinda coveted.. like these: Redneck Wine Glass. I ended up with a bunch of brews and a nice bottle of hard cider, my fave!

I ran 7 miles this weekend! I was planning on doing 3 miles one day and 4 the next. My plan called for 7, but I've been slacking a bit. I went out on Sunday, turned on some podcasts and went for it. I really enjoyed running to podcasts, kept me way more engaged (and my mind off the fact that I was still running) and I wasn't thinking about the fact that I had only run for two 4 minute songs. I don't know why I didn't figure this out sooner.

Here's part of my stats - See those 12:09 and 12:15 miles? That's where the wind was blowing so hard I almost got knocked off my feet a few times. At other points I also felt like I wasn't moving due to the wind gusts. Crazy! I'm so proud of myself for making it through the whole 7.


Here's a pic of the muffin, she's all about standing and pulling up on anything in her way. She crawls over to me now and goes right up my knee to standing.


We also tried a new sleep technique for the munchkin this weekend, she's been a little spoiled whether it be napping with us or joining us in bed in the wee hours of the morning. While it is great, and I love snuggling with her, something had to be done. She is back to her swing during naps for the time being. We moved it up to her room, turn on the white noise machine and sit there with her until she falls asleep. For night time we are not picking her up when she cries, we go in and rub her belly or back until she calms down then we leave. She comes into our room for her morning eats - anytime between 5 - 7 and then gets to stay in bed with us. Hopefully this will get some better sleeping habits out of her and we will be able to get things done during naptime! Then once she's better about napping on her own, every once in awhile I wouldn't mind cuddling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment